Notice for Employers: Accessibility Requirements must by completed by January 1, 2014
A message from the Accessibility Directorate of Ontario:
Notice for Large Private and Non-Profit Organizations:
If you are a business or non-profit with 50+ employees, you have requirements coming up in 2014. By January 1, 2014, you must:
- Create a multi-year plan to meet your accessibility requirements.
- Establish policies to help you achieve your accessibility goals, and tell your employees and customers about them.
- Consider accessibility when purchasing or designing electronic kiosks.
- Make your new websites more accessible.
- File an accessibility report.
We are pursuing enforcement action on organizations that did not submit an accessibility compliance report.
If you are a business or non-profit with 20+ employees, your 2012 accessibility report was due to government on December 31, 2012.
This report covers the first accessibility requirements about accessible customer service to come into effect. Make sure you submit your accessibility report now.
You will need to file a second compliance report in 2014.
File your report early and don’t wait until the end of the year.