Estate Administration and Planning

Passing of accounts

Prior to taking compensation, an Estate Trustee or Attorney for Property is required to provide an accounting.  This involves providing a detailed account of the assets and debts as well as the transactions undertaken on behalf of the estate or the grantor of Power of Attorney. If the beneficiaries or other interested parties don’t approve of the accounting, the Estate Trustee or Attorney for Property may be required to obtain the court’s approval of their management of the funds.  This is called passing accounts.

If you need to pass your accounts, our experienced team can assist and guide you through the process.

Start typing and press Enter to search

Send this to a friend