Important Change to Motor Vehicle Accident Benefits

 In Personal Injury

Effective December 2014 persons who are injured in motor vehicle accidents will have to pay out of their own pocket for approved medical treatment and then seek reimbursement for this expense from their insurer unless the medical services provider who provides the treatment is licensed with the Financial Services Commission of Ontario (“FSCO”). Only those service providers who are licensed with the FSCO will be able to bill for their services directly for approved treatment that is provided to those who have been injured in an accident.

If you have been injured in an accident and are seeking treatment from a medical service provider, make sure that the provider is licensed with the FSCO before you start treatment.

Recommended Posts

Leave a Comment

Start typing and press Enter to search

Send this to a friend