Employment and Labour Law
The Mann Lawyers Employment, Human Rights and Labour service group has extensive experience working with employers, employees and unions, allowing us to bring a unique perspective in advising our clients and assisting them to resolve employment-related disputes. In the Human Rights context, we also assist service providers and patrons.
We appreciate that employment relationships are some of the most long-lasting and important relationships people have. We know that our clients need practical and caring advice for their particular situations.
Whether you are an individual, a business, a non-profit organization, or a union, we will work with you to build a strategy that meets your needs, explaining the steps in the legal process along the way.
We provide advice and representation to employers and employees on:
- Civil actions, Ministry of Labour Complaints
- Creating and interpreting policies
- Employment contracts
- Employment Insurance and Canada Pension Plan
- Employment Standards Act interpretation
- Independent Contractor / Consulting Agreements
- Leaves of Absence
- Long term disability issues
- Occupational Health and Safety Act interpretation
- Pay Equity
- Performance Management and Discipline
- Privacy and Confidentiality
- Restrictive Covenants (Non-Competition and Non-Solicitation Clauses)
- Sale of Business
- Severance Package Assessment
- Workplace conflict and investigations
- Wrongful and Constructive Dismissal
- Other Related Areas
We provide advice and representation to employers, employees, service providers, and patrons on:
- Employment and service-sector human rights issues
- Discrimination and harassment issues
- Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario and the Canadian Human Rights Commission Complaints
- Return to Work Facilitation
- Other Related Areas
We advise employees, employers, and unions on navigating the unionized environment in the following areas:
- Arbitration and grievance representation
- Certification and de-certification
- Collective bargaining
- Duty of fair representation advice
- Human Rights
- Second opinion on rights
- Ontario Labour Relations Board and Canada Industrial Relations Board proceedings
- Unfair labour practice advice
We understand that it can be emotionally and financially stressful to be in a situation that necessitates seeking legal advice about employment and services. We work with clients to develop practical, cost-effective solutions that are tailored to their specific situations.
To learn more about our Employment Law service area and some of the legal issues as they may arise, please visit our blog.
For more information about employment and labour law, or for information or advice specific to your own situation, please contact us at (613) 722-1500 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.