Stage 2 – Ontario Permits More Businesses to Re-Open
On June 8, 2020, the Ontario government announced that at the end of this week, the second stage of reopening of certain businesses in certain public health unit regions will begin. A complete list of the public health unit regions moving to Stage 2 and business re-openings can be found here. Beginning on Friday, June 12, 2020 at 12:01 a.m., the following businesses may re-open:
- Places of worship with physical distancing in place and attendance limited to 30% of the building capacity;
- Outdoor dine-in services at restaurants, bars and other establishments, including patios, curbside, parking lots and adjacent properties;
- Select personal and personal care services with the proper health and safety measures in place, including tattoo parlours, barber shops, hair salons and beauty salons;
- Shopping malls under existing restrictions, including food services reopening for take-out and outdoor dining only;
- Tour and guide services, such as bike and walking, bus and boat tours, as well as tasting tours for wineries, breweries and distilleries;
- Water recreational facilities such as outdoor splash pads and wading pools and all swimming pools;
- Beach access and additional camping at Ontario Parks;
- Camping at private campgrounds;
- Outdoor-only recreational facilities and training for outdoor team sports, with limits to enable physical distancing;
- Drive-in and drive-through venues for theatres, concerts, animal attractions and cultural appreciation, such as art installations;
- Film and television production activities, with limits to enable physical distancing; and
- Weddings and funerals, with limits on social gatherings to 10 people.
Stay tuned for more details on child care, summer camps, post-secondary education pilots for graduating students, training centres and public transit.
The Ontario government has also launched a website to inform businesses about personal protective equipment suppliers. This Workplace PPE Supplier Directory provides a list of Ontario companies and business associations that offer to supply personal protective equipment. For more information on Stage 2 of the reopening, please click here.