Paul Franco, Lawyer
Paul’s Blog Posts
Please click here to read blog posts written by Paul.
My practice areas include corporate, commercial, securities, mergers and acquisitions, incorporation, reorganizations, corporate financing, public offerings, private placements, venture capital financing, secured and unsecured lending, recapitalizations and franchise law.
I have worked with clients in many industries, including technology, mining, renewable energy, entertainment, communications, financial services, environmental services, transportation, and manufacturing.
I have represented and advised clients in connection with:
- Mergers and acquisitions involving public and private companies in domestic and international transactions.
- Corporate finance transactions, including public offerings, bought deals, private placements, private equity and venture capital financings, representing issuers, investment dealers and controlling shareholders.
- Technology start-ups and their founders with their capital structure, corporate finance, corporate governance and intellectual property issues. My work with start-ups includes preparing subscription agreements, other investment instruments, such as convertible debentures, shareholder agreements, voting trust agreements, stock options and other share incentive arrangements and licensing and assignment of intellectual property rights.
- General corporate and commercial matters, such as asset purchases, share purchases, loan and credit agreements, security agreements, joint ventures, partnership agreements, corporate restructurings, confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements, non-competition and non-solicitation agreements, independent contractor agreements, indemnification agreements, license agreements, distribution agreements, supply agreements and many other types of business and commercial agreements.
- The incorporation or formation of new companies (and other entities) and the reorganization of existing businesses.
- Securities law, stock exchange and corporate law compliance matters, including continuous disclosure, corporate governance, equity compensation arrangements and shareholders meetings (both contested and non-contested.
I obtained a Bachelor of Arts in psychology from McGill University, and a Bachelor of Civil Law and Bachelor of Laws (LL.B. – common law) from McGill University. I was called to the Bar of Ontario in 1993 and to the Bar of Quebec in 1994. I am a member of the Canadian Bar Association and the County of Carleton Law Association.
I am qualified to practice law in Ontario and Quebec. I am fluent in English, French, and Portuguese and when I am not working, I enjoy running, skiing and soccer.
If you need help with any business related issues, please do not hesitate to contact me by phone or by e-mail.